National Engineering Month 2021 is less than a month away. Leading up to over 70 amazing events, we are profiling educational partners in the engineering industry. What follows is an overview of the engineering technology/technician programs available at Confederation College.
Earn a Career-Focused Engineering Education at Confederation College
Located in Northwestern Ontario, Confederation College offers applied programs. The college has 9 campuses with over 7,600 full and part-time students each year. Confederation is a medium sized, community-based college. The school attracts students and faculty from diverse backgrounds that specialize in delivering practical, hands-on programs and courses.
With highly-trained and industry experienced instructors, smaller class sizes and a dynamic learning environment, students will get the skills and knowledge they need to achieve their goals. The college offers a range of academic programs and credentials within the fields of engineering technology that improve peoples’ lives. Whether students want to become entrepreneurs, work in small-to-midsize companies or for large multinational corporations, Confederation College is dedicated toward building a skilled labour force and helping students succeed.
Choose From These Exciting Areas Of Study
- Get aircraft design, modelling and manufacturing skills in the Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Technician (2-year) and Technology (3-year) program.
- Gain knowledge in the design, construction and operation of water, soil, geomatics, roads, railways, bridges and buildings in the Civil Engineering Technician program.
- Build control systems, manufacturing processes, industrial robotics, power generation and distribution, and thousands of other processes in the Electrical Engineering Technology program.
- Install and maintain hardware and software needed to keep internet, HVAC systems, manufacturing robots, industrial processes and a thousand other systems running smoothly in the Electronics Engineering Technician – Computers program.
- Learn the basics of electrical, digital, electronics, computer systems, industrial drawings & specifications, physics, computer software and communications for technology in the Instrumentation Engineering Technician – Process Automation and Control program.
- Students will get their hands dirty with a wrench one day and will design with CAD the next in the Mechanical Engineering Technology program.
- Learn how to responsibly develop our resource-based economy while protecting our forests, waterways, and land with the Environmental Technician program.
- Balance the social, economic and ecological aspects of our natural resources so that our region – and our people – will continue to grow and thrive in the Forestry Technician: Ecosystem Management program.
- Get in-demand technical skills while learning how to program apps and software in various languages with Computer Programming
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Confederation is also committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and provides all students with Indigenous education through the Negahneewin Council, Research Center and the Indigenous Learning Outcomes which are unique to Confederation College.
Learn more about Confederation College and its programs:
- Visit the Confederation College website
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (807) 475-6213